iOS is Apple’s mobile operating system used to run the popular iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices. Formerly known as the iPhone OS, there are over 900,000 iOS applications available for download in the Apple app store, the most popular app store of any mobile device. Originally unveiled in 2007 for the iPhone.
1) iPhone OS 1.x :First iteration of Apple’s touch-centric mobile operating system. No official name given on its initial release;
2) iPhone OS 2.x : 2.0, the second major release of iOS, became available with the release of the iPhone 3G. Devices running 1.x are upgradable to this version. This version of the OS introduces the App Store, making third-party applications available to the iPhone and iPod Touch.
3) iPhone OS 3.x : 3.0 became available with the iPhone 3GS. It was released on June 17, 2009. This release added features such as copy and paste, and MMS.
4) iOS 4.x : iOS 4 was made available to the public for the iPhone and iPod Touch on June 21, 2010, and is the first release to be renamed to simply “iOS”. This is the first major iOS release to drop support for some devices. It is also the first major iOS release that iPod Touch users do not have to pay for.
5) iOS 5.x : iOS 5 was previewed to the public on June 6, 2011. It was released for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 (GSM and CDMA), iPhone 4S, iPod Touch (3rd & 4th generation), iPad, and iPad 2 on October 12, 2011
6)iOS 6.x: iOS 6 was released to the public on September 19, 2012, through iTunes and over-the-air updates.
7) iOS 7.x :iOS 7 started with a desire to take an experience people love and make it better. To make it even simpler, more useful and more enjoyable — but still feel instantly familiar. The design of iOS 7 is beautiful because it’s all of those things. And it’s the start of a new chapter for iOS.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Apple iPhone iOS
a) Amazing software support
b) The iMessages, provide exclusive communication between iPhone.
c) Siri, an advance voice recognition software
d) iBooks , supports PDF;
c)Search Spotlight (local search only);
d) FaceTime (video calls);
e) Voice Control (iPhone management functions by voice).
f) The most advanced and powerful ecosystem is available to you.
h) The touch experience is the best as compared to other phones you will feel far better touch quality while playing games in the iphone.
a) The most expensive devices in the market!
b) Facetime or IMessages are exclusive to iOS powered devices.
c) iPhone doesn’t have a memory card slot which makes the user in no luck when it’s internal storage is already full.
d) Poor signal unless you hold it like a robot.
e)Failure to transfer file using bluetooth and USB is the major drawback
Comparison Between Android,iOS and Windows Operating System
What makes iOS especially powerful: the thousands of apps available for it. Many leading apps come to iOS first or have more features for it.
Services We experience for iPhone Mobile Environments
Develop a highly Elegant and intuitive interface, and ease of use mobile applications
Provide a mobile business services – including mobile websites, modules, widgets, and social medias
Well versed with Apple iOS Mobile platform – including XCode, Cocoa Touch Framewotk, and Objective C programming by our experienced iPhone experts
Support a complete secured payment gateway integration
What Omkarsoft can do in iOS
Best free iPhone apps 2014
1) National Rail Enquiries: National Rail Enquiries is a handy app to have installed. There’s journey planning, timetables and a location-aware ‘next train home’ option, along with progress tracking, so you can see when a train’s likely to show up. It’s not as usable nor as pretty as UK Train Times, but it is broadly similar – and five quid cheaper.
2) iBooks: Effectively iTunes for books, the app combines a reader and store, in Apple’s typically usable and integrated fashion. Usefully, iBooks includes PDF support and bookmarks automatically sync across devices.
3) Duolingo: If you are going to be traveling somewhere, it never hurts to learn the local language. In the past this meant joining a class or reading boring language guides. But app now make learning a language much easier—and more fun. Duolingo acts as a game almost, allowing you to track your progress and hit goals as you go along.
Related Keywords: iPhone & Mac Development, iPhone Application Development, iOS App Development, iPhone App Development, iPhone-iPad Development, iphone developer